BIG CATs Study
Biopsychosocial Investigation of Guided Computer Activity Trainings (BIG-CATs) on Decreasing Repetitive Negative Thoughts in Young Adults (Now Enrolling!)
We are conducting a 4‐week study at SIU on technology based treatment for anxiety & depression. Only two/three in‐person visits required. The rest of the study can be completed at home. Participants complete attention-training
tasks on their personal laptop computer and receive symptom reports of their progress after study.
- 2 visits to our lab to complete surveys and computer-based tasks
- 4 weeks of free computerized treatment to target anxiety and depression
- 1 Follow-up assessment after study with symptom reports and referrals
Physiological Activation When Stressed (PAWS) Study
Ever get stressed? Want a $20 Amazon Giftcard?
We are conducting a research study physiological activation when stressed (PAWS). The study aims to investigate the duration of physical responses during and after mental stress.
- Three Visits to our lab at SIU in Carbondale, IL.
- Continuous Monitoring of your heart function using a FitBit device.
- $20 Amazon Gift Card at study completion.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
To determine eligibility and find out more information, take our screening survey now.
ABC CONNECT: Future Volunteers Registry
We would like to invite you to take part in our future volunteers registry. The purpose of the registry is to create a list of people adults (age 18 or older) who may want to participate in future studies through the ABC Research Lab. Your registration enables us to contact you about additional studies in the future. Participation is voluntary. If you choose to participate, it will take approximately 10 additional minutes of your time today.