BIG CATs Study
Biopsychosocial Investigation of Guided Computer Activity Trainings (BIG-CATs) on Decreasing Repetitive Negative Thoughts in Young Adults (Now Enrolling!)
We are conducting a 4‐week study at SIU on technology based treatment for anxiety & depression. Only two/three in‐person visits required. The rest of the study can be completed at home. Participants complete attention-training
tasks on their personal laptop computer and receive symptom reports of their progress after study.
- 2 visits to our lab to complete surveys and computer-based tasks
- 4 weeks of free computerized treatment to target anxiety and depression
- 1 Follow-up assessment after study with symptom reports and referrals
Have Coronary Artery Disease? Currently on stable medications for it?
We are conducting research on a type of psychotherapy that may reduce psychological risk factors associated with worsening CAD. We are recruiting patients who have been diagnosed with Coronary Artery Disease and are currently stable on their medications.
- Initial Intake Visit to our lab
- Two Follow-up sessions
- Six free sessions of specialized psychotherapy called Rumination-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- $50 Gift Card for completing an extra follow-up assessment after the study.
- Two self-monitoring periods of daily experiences.
- Symptom Reports after study at follow-up visit.
- Psychiatric Referrals after study if needed.
ABC CONNECT: Future Volunteers Registry
We would like to invite you to take part in our future volunteers registry. The purpose of the registry is to create a list of people adults (age 18 or older) who may want to participate in future studies through the ABC Research Lab. Your registration enables us to contact you about additional studies in the future. Participation is voluntary. If you choose to participate, it will take approximately 10 additional minutes of your time today.